Day 3: Due to inclement (err...really warm) weather, we just had to hit Broadway Plaza for some summer gear. This was a huge disappointment to Mommy and Grandma :) The highlight of this little shopping spree for the kids was throwing about 40 pennies into the fountain and soaking up the rays. The highlight for Mommy was the fabulous $7 shirt find.
Day 4: Another day visiting G. Grandpa and Great Grandma. We had a little preemptive swim in the morning to burn off some energy before hanging out again. Jackson decided that this was his one and only swim because he doesn't like shivering. Grandma and Mommy get to work on a new idea for tomorrow's little activity.
Day 5: Our last day. Grandma takes the kids for a ride on the train that we see every time we come and go from our hotel (BART). Kenzie gets caught in the gate on the way in. It takes about 40 minutes from drop off to getting on the train and the train ride lasts about 3 minutes. We have one last wonderful visit with G. Grandma and G. Grandpa. The kids really bonded with their great grandparents and still talk about them frequently. We can't wait to go back and visit again!
Moments from our flight home include Kenzie falling asleep in her stroller with perfect timing- right before we went through the security line, Jackson making friends with a couple of sports fans and showing off his sports knowledge (ie: favorite Husky basketball player: Isaiah Thomas; favorite Mariner: Ichiro; Richie Sexson used to play for the Mariners, but got traded to the Yankees; Husky football is bad, etc.), Kenzie making friends with the man next to her on the plane, telling him, "I like you.", Telling Grandma, "I like him.", telling the man, "I like your watch", pushing buttons on the watch, telling him, "I like your shoes", flashing her flirty grin, showing off by "reading" the entire "Pinkalicious" book from memory.
I think that about wraps up my first and probably very infrequent post. Now I can say I contributed.
No comments:
Post a Comment