Sunday, March 1, 2009

fun at home

We've settled back into our groove now that we've been back from Belize for a couple of weeks (Belize post to follow soon...). It's good to be back to the comforts of home in a normal routine with the kids! I think February must be national figure-out-what-to-do-inside month. Let me add that while we have lots to show for our collective creative efforts, I do a little dance every year when the calendar flips over to March 1st. Even though the weather stays the same until after June-uary, mentally there's just something about getting the 2 cruddiest months out of the way.
The kids have been in right brain mode... lots of pretending, role playing, singing, etc. Last week they had a spontaneous Thomas the Tank Engine night, complete with costumes, music, everything. And I must say I built the best track yet... I was a big winner with Jackson that night.





Next came the legendary neighborhood "soup night", hosted at our house this month. This is our monthly gathering where one family makes several vats of soup and the rest of the neighborhood comes over and mooches. This is our 2nd winter of soup nights, so I guess we're all pretty much shovel-ready for the wheels to completely come off this economy. The only thing we'd have to do is make a quick run to the hat store for some fodoras for the men.


Kenzie and the gals playing in her room after warming up with soup


Jackson shows off his DJ machine...


Today I partied with the kids while Steph went to Seattle for a baby shower. We went to the toy store and picked up some art supplies and finally used the easel we got Mackenzie for her birthday... last July!!! They had a blast painting their first masterpieces and can't wait to get up from their break time to draw on the chalk board.



Kenzie poses in front of her masterpiece...

Jackson is all concentration and determined focus

Ready to show his work at a gallery!


We'll try to get back to more regular updates... it's been a bit crazy with the vacation and work travel! Next post will be the Belize one.


Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment