Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekend update

No Steph, no kids... so does Coop take advantage of his newfound time?
Last words from Steph before leaving for California with the kids were "bye! I love you! oh... uh... if you get bored..." ... the dreaded honey-do list.
Well, if you are reading this Steph, you will be disappointed to hear I have yet to get bored.
Last night after a little bbq action I went up to the new Snoqualmie Casino with my buddy Matt to test out my new blackjack "system" that I invented and won big with in Palm Springs last October. 2 hours later, we both walked out with very handsome returns on our investments. I often tell my friends about how I know I am relaxed on vacation when my everyday problems transition to "vacation problems", such as those umbrellas in your drink hitting you in the nose... your beach towel getting pushed through the slats on your lounge chair, etc. Well last night I was having similar problems. They put these granite borders on all of the blackjack tables, I assume because everyone likes granite, and it's real classy like. Well they didn't factor in that it makes the felt on the table slightly angle down at the edges, thus me endlessly battling my ever growing pile of chips that wanted to slide into my drink holder. Casino problems!

Today was even better. Matt, Dre and I drove to Crystal Mountain to go skiing, which was in the midst of an "inversion layer", as Matt so artfully explained to us. His very thorough story boiled down to this: even though it's freezing and foggy in Seattle, this freak weather event is making it sunny and warm on the mountain, and the higher you go on the mountain the warmer it gets. He was right, it was 50+ degrees at the peak, and I saw the sun for the first time since mid December. That last part is not an exaggeration... I swear, SWEAR!, I have not seen the sun in over a month. I missed my one chance on Monday when I forgot to go out after the fog lifted, worked through lunch, and by the time I remembered at 4:30 it was already dark again. Anyway, it was even more beautiful than I remembered it!
Coop/Torr/Dre... excuse the grainy blackberry pictures!

Mount Rainier

Uh.. Iceberg Gulch, Sunnyside, or Lucky Shot (the 3 runs we did over and over, I never knew which was which)


Steph returns Monday night, with a treasure trove of video clips and pics of the kids in "Calinfornia" as Jackson calls it. So stay tuned!

Coop

No comments:

Post a Comment