Jackson started tee-ball practice last week, and we are very excited for him to get his first taste of competition in his favorite sport. He certainly has gotten plenty of practice time in with Dad in the back yard over the past 3 years. I think he is ready to show his stuff! He had a blast at his first practice last Wednesday, despite a steady downpour of rain. He got to bat 5 times, practiced running the bases in the mud, and worked on his footwork in the field.
This weekend, I took him back out to the school for some catch (he caught the ball in his mitt 4 times yesterday, producing 4 giant, ear to ear smiles), some grounders, and his favorite, batting practice. Also note the sweet batting gloves I bought for him. Doesn't he look great?
The kids were also quite excited to see their cousin Gracie again. She is all smiles now and is a super cute little girl. The kids just love her to pieces and can't wait to teach her all their little tricks to get mom and dad to do what they want :)
One final picture from a typical Saturday morning... Jackson working on his reading skills by taking in the sports page after dad is done with it. That's my boy! Now that baseball season is starting again, I'll have to teach him how to read box scores.
No comments:
Post a Comment