Friday, July 24, 2009

Ballerina belle

Kenzie's eagerly anticipated ballet debut has finally transpired, with a short ballet "camp" last week. We were mildly apprehensive that she might exhibit her own version of stage fright, which loosely translated means "I perform on my own terms, not yours". However, we were delighted to find that she took to it like a mouse in a cheese factory. As always, we are so proud. She was the tiniest ballerina in the group, but her personality shone brightly.

In the fall she will be enrolled in a regular ballet class, which will be the second leg of our experience of girls being more expensive than boys (the first leg of course being her wardrobe & shoe collection).

Below are some pictures from her "recital", which consisted of a short run around the bases, with a different ballet move at each station. I will post a video of the sequence as soon as I figure out how to connect my new video camera to our computer. For now, I hope that these action shots will suffice:)





No comments:

Post a Comment